Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow Day...

I can't believe we finally got snow. They have predicted it a few times recently and we have gotten nothing, so I just knew it wasn't going to snow on Friday. Brandon, on the other hand, believed it so before Jack went to bed he got him all excited about the snow when he woke up in the morning. When I went in to get him that morning, he said "mommy, you ready to see the snow". I hated to tell him that there was no snow.

We got dressed and headed off to school. He forgot about the snow for the ride because he was getting excited about his Valentime's(as Jack would say) Party. I dropped him off and headed out to do errands. My Mom had called from Louisiana and said it was snowing there and we still had nothing. Well that didn't last long. About 45 minutes after I dropped Jack off the snow really started coming down.
They canceled school, so I headed back across town to get Jack. He was so excited when I got there to get him. The teachers said that he had not left the window and kept asking to build a snowman. We got home and he lasted 5 minutes before we had to bundle up and get out in the snow.

We played in it for a while and then headed in for a nap. Brandon came home from work early and was here when Jack got up. They headed out to play around in it and build a snowman. (I'll post pics soon). All in all it was a great day and we were so excited for the snow. I'm not a cold weather person, so I believe that if it is going to be so cold there needs to be snow!
Looks like we may get some more snow tonight, so we will probably be home from school tomorrow.






No comments: