Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break

Well, I think this may be the longest I have gone without posting. I feel like we have been so busy, but can't seem to remember what we have been doing. Jack and I did go home for his spring break and had a blast.
We headed to Baton Rouge for the weekend to celebrate St. Patty's Day. I grew up going to and even riding some in this parade, so I was thrilled to be able to take Jack. My Dad met us there for the weekend and we got to visit with lots of family.
Jack loved the parade. He stayed on Cookie's shoulders most of the time. A fireman had just given him the hat he has on and he was so proud.
Gordie, our cousin, and Jack's best friend joined us for the parade. As you can see him and Jack had a blast. He is 7, so still a little old for Jack, but Jack looks up to him and wants to do everything Gordie does. They are really cute together.
We went to the parade with my Aunt Nancy and her friend Jon. He has a house right off of the parade route so it was easy with Jack. It was great spending time with them.
On Sunday, we packed up and headed to Mandeville for the week. Mom and I took Jack to The Global Wildlife Center on Sunday. It is an amazing place, especially for little ones. It is like being on a Safari(not that I would know, since I've never been on one). You ride in big wagons pulled by a tractor and feed the animals.
There are deer, antelope, Llama, giraffes, camels, zebras, ostriches, bulls, etc. They will come right up to you and eat from your cup and then let you pet them. My favorite were the giraffes. they came right up to us, ate and let us pet them. They are such neat animals.
This is where Jack stayed most of the time. He liked the animals but wasn't so sure about them when they stuck their heads in the wagon. He would jump up and say "you feed them, I watch". He had a blast though.
He held this same cup of food until the end and when no animals were around he dumped it out of the wagon.

It was about and hour and a half ride, so he was worn out by the end. He got some dirt or something in his eye and it was really irritated, so I told him to lay his head down and close his eyes, thinking it would make it better and he would be good to go. Well, no such luck. Poor thing. He was so tired from the parade and then the wagon ride that he fell asleep.

The rest of the week we stayed busy going to New Orleans with Dad for the day, hanging with friends and family, eating great food, etc! It really made me miss home.
On a side note, I have to document one thing that Jack said while we were on our trip. He is full of personality these days and you never know what he is going to say. I was getting dressed at my Mom's one morning and he was playing upstairs near her computer. I told him not to get near the computer because it would break and make Gigi upset. Well, this did no good. He was on a mission. He said "No Momma, I need to text someone". I said, "what did you day?" and he repeated himself "I need to text someone". I couldn't do anything but laugh. He climbed up on the chair, typed on the keyboard and then said, "I texted someone Momma". A almost 3 year old knows about texting. That is sad!
Anyway, I hope everyone else had a great spring break. I know we did, but we are happy to be home and settled.

No comments: