Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Another Trip to Mandeville

A few weeks ago Jack and I went to Mandeville for a long overdue visit. We had a great time. We got to do lots of fun stuff...celebrate Mom and Dad's Birthdays, visit Family in BR, visit friends and friends kids, watch 2 Saints Preseason games, visit with my Grandma, etc. It was a busy week and a half but well worth it. The first night we were there we went to dinner for Mom's Birthday with Mom, Ms. Sandoz, and Ms. Boyd. It was a great time....I wish I would have had my camera to take pics.

On Dad's Birthday we headed over to New Orleans for the day. We had a fabulous sushi lunch and then headed to the IMAX and the Aquarium with Jack. He had never been to the IMAX and was so excited...(I confess that I was just as excited because it has been years since I've been to the IMAX).

He was so excited to have his own ticket and then to watch the movie....that is until it started. He was scared to death, so the glasses came off realy quick and Dad and I had to take turns convincing him that it was okay, since we were stuck in the middle of the aisle. It will be a few more years before we try that again.

After the IMAX we headed into the aquarium for a much better time. He had so much fun. He is definitely at that age where he really gets into the fish and understands what is going on. I wish we had something like this in Birmingham.

The next week we went and spent a few days in Baton Rouge with Maw Maw and Paw Paw and family. Jack loves to visit and see everyone.

Since he is the only Grandchild and Great Grandchild he gets alot of attention which leads to alot of this....being silly. He loves to put on a show and to play with his cousin Gordie. We got to check Gordie out of school one day to come and play and he thought that was so cool.


My sweet Paw Paw is retiring at the end of this month and wanted Jack to come and meet everyone that he works with so we spent the morning at his office. Jack had a great time and Paw Paw was so proud to show his great grandchild off(and I would like to think his oldest grandchild).



It was a great trip and we can't wait to go back in a few weeks. We really cherish all of the time we get to spend with our wonderful family and friends.

No comments: