Saturday, May 16, 2009

Congrats to the Grad!!!

Yesterday Gigi(My Mom), Jack, and I headed to Alexandria for my Cousin Scott's High School Graduation(the first of many "mini trips" while in Mandeville). Jack was such a good sport. He spent 5 hours in the car on Thursday and 3 yesterday and was as good as you can expect an almost 2 year old to be.

We had the best time. We don't get to see my Aunt, Uncle, and Cousins very often and we got an added bonus of getting to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa too.
(Look at my little boy, he looks like such a BIG boy)
We debated all day on whether or not to bring Jack to the graduation. It started at 8(his bedtime), so I was a little concerned that he would ruin the whole graduation. For those of you that know Jack he has a mind of his own these days and does not understand the concept of "quiet" or "sit down". After much debating we decided to take a chance. Well, I'm glad we did because he was an angel. I think my saving grace was that it was in the football stadium, so he was outside and there was lots of entertainment. It lasted almost 2 hours and we barely heard a peep out of him.

When we were leaving a lady asked me "how old is your little boy?" I told her that he was almost 2. She said, "well he was very well behaved, you have trained him right." Mom and I just chuckled and I said, "ya'll got lucky tonight and caught him on a good day."
When the ceremony was over we got to go onto the field and take pictures with Scott and the rest of the family. I look awful in all of these pics because it was sooooo hot and HUMID. I don't know how I survived 23 years in Louisiana. It is brutal. Poor Jack stayed red and sweaty all night.
He did have a blast with his cousins Scott and AJ.
We had a wonderful time and are so glad that we got the opportunity to go. Congrats Scott! We are very proud of you!!

No comments: