Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mr. Personality

I hate to post without pictures, but this warranted a post with no pictures. Yesterday Jack was full of precious comments and I just had to share them with family and friends. I love his little personality so much and love how much he is talking but at times I get sad because he is growing up so fast. I'm going to blink and he is going to be married with kids of his own.

Jack is a routine child, as most of you know. Everyday when I pick him up from school, he has to get his backpack(on his own) to get his lunch box out(on his own) and then get his milk out of his lunchbox(on his own) before we can leave the parking lot. Once he does that I always ask how was school today and he tells me all about it on the 10 minute ride home. Well yesterday he was not happy with the way the getting the milk process was going and was very frustrated. Once we got the milk I just drove quietly out of the parking lot to cool off and didn't ask my routine question "How was school today?". He said, "Momma, ask me how school was today"? I asked and he started rambling off everything that he had done as if he had rehearsed it. I couldn't help but laugh!

When he woke up from his nap early, I told him that I had some work to do, but would turn on the tv in the playroom and he could play and watch cartoons. He didn't want to watch tv in the playroom, he wanted to watch it in his room, where there is no tv. He looks at me and says, "you go to the store, buy me a tv, bring it home, and then I watch it in my room". I laughed so hard and then called my Mom and she did the same thing...and then told me that I was in trouble. I would have to agree. A 2 1/2 year old should not know that I can go to the store and buy a tv for his room.

This morning when he was waiting (very impatiently) for me to cook our breakfast, he was not being the most well behaved. I kept telling him No to things that he wanted to do, like sit on the counter and climb on the stool. He looked at me and said, "Mommy, when I get bigger like you and you get little like me, I tell you NO like you tell me". Really....I guess I say No alot around here these days.

I hope these brighten your day as they have mine.

Have a great day!

Ashley

2 comments:

Jill Bertella said...

Love it..sweet boy wants a TV in his room!! Yall have a safe trip this weekend and see you Wed night!

Grandma said...

So glad you have finally made a new post, I miss hearing about Jack and all the remarkable things he does. So, when does the TV go in his room??? Love you all, GMA