Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Pumpkin Patch

Jack has been looking forward to the Pumpkin Patch all week. His school has a small pumpkin patch and today was his classes day to visit. We talked it up all week and he was ready to pick out his "pumpkin patch" as he calls a pumpkin. I felt so bad this morning when we woke up and it was storming. I went in to get him and the first words out of his mouth were "go to pumpkin patch, Mommy". It broke my heart to tell him that I didn't think that was going to happen today because of the rain. We left his precious pumpkin patch outfit in the closet so that he could wear it on the day they did go to the pumpkin patch and put his "monster" outfit on instead.
Well, when I picked him up from school, he couldn't get to the car quick enough. He was jumping up and down and pulling the teacher toward the car and I heard him yelling "Mommy, pumpkin patch" the whole way to the car. Well, as it turns out the weather stopped for long enough for them to go to the pumpkin patch. He even got to pick out and bring home a small pumpkin that he was so proud of. We took the above picture as soon as we got home. I intended on him holding it but he insisted that we put it on top of the blocks.
I finally got him upstairs for a nap, but not without the pumpkin. I was able to sneak in and get a picture of him snuggling with his pumpkin.

When he woke up this is what I found when I walked into his room. He was obsessed with this pumpkin all afternoon. It amazes me the simple things that make a 2 year old, or a child for that matter, happy. It just makes me smile!!!

No comments: