Monday, December 7, 2009

Deck The Halls

This year we decided to buy Jack his own little tree. He begged me for days to decorate his tree, but it took me a little while to get ornaments and lights. On Tuesday when he woke up from his nap we sat on the kitchen floor and decorated his tree. It was supposed to be for his room, but it has become a decoration in our kitchen. This way he can leave the lights on it all day. It is the first thing he asks for every morning. He calls it his "baby tree" and he shows everyone that comes into the house. He even brought the A/C man into the kitchen the other day to show him Luckily he has kids so he played along with him real well.
Later that night we decorated the "BIIGGG" tree as Jack would say. We let him stay up a little later than usual so that he could help put some ornaments on the tree. He was so proud!
I think he was more interested in climbing the ladder than really putting the ornament on the tree.
After he put a few of his ornaments on the tree we put him to bed and I finished decorating the tree. The next morning before I got him out of bed, I plugged in the tree and the garland on the mantle, so that he could see the finished product when he came downstairs. He was so excited. He said "wook Mommy, it's a kissmiss party"(Look Mommy it's a Christmas Party). I put him down so that I could make breakfast and he made his way into the living room and was in pure shock at the tree and the lights. After a few minutes he saw the garland and stockings on the mantle. He came running into the kitchen and said, "wook Mommy, wook at the boots"(what he is calling stockings).
We are having so much fun with him this Christmas season because he is so into it. I can't wait for Christmas morning!!

No comments: