Monday, October 6, 2008

Jack's 1st Fair

Saturday was a busy, fun filled day. We went to downtown Covington for Oktoberfest, which was a festival for the opening of a German microbrewery. Simone and I thought it would be fun for us to take Jack and hang out outside. Well we got there and there were only about 20 people including Me, Cookie, Jack, and Simone so we decided to take Jack to the fair.

Our plan was to let Jack ride some rides and play some games and we could have a few beers and then go to dinner. We quickly found out that the fair doesn't sell beer. We still had a blast watching Jack though. This is the same fair that has come to Covington every year since I can remember. I grew up going to this fair each year. You get a day off of school for it to. I was telling Simone that I thing that all of the rides are still in the same place and look like they are as old as we are.

We bought Jack some tickets and he loved riding the rides. Dad and I took turns riding with him. It was pretty funny seeing Dad and I squeeze onto these rides that are made for little kids.

We let Jack play his first fair game. He got to pick 3 ducks out of the water and whatever the total of the numbers on the bottom of the ducks were determined the type of prize he got to get.
We played twice because he didn't want to put the ducks back.

It took him a little while but he figured out that if he handed the lady one duck he could get another. Look at that precious smile on his face. He was so proud of himself.
He won this blue ball to keep at Cookie's house on his first round. His second round he won a yellow car.
Jack and Simone danced to the band. He had just finished showing everyone his moves.
Some of these pictures are not the best because you are on a ride that goes around and circles. I got off of a few rides feeling like I could get sick.
Cookie and Jack riding in the boat. Dad was not sitting too comfortably in this, I promise.
Jack loved this plane. This was right before I had to squeeze myself into the seat next to him. It was not comfortable and I'm pretty sure that the ride went slower than normal because I exceeded the weight limit.
Cookie and Jack rode the 3 wheeler. Jack was more interested in the people walking by at this point than riding the ride.
This roller coaster was fun. Jack wasn't sure about it at first because it was pretty bumpy and had a few more drops than I would have wanted for a kiddy ride. He did great though.
All in all we had a great trip home. I enjoyed catching up with all of my friends and my family. I feel so fortunate to have so many special people in my life. I love you all and can't wait to see you again soon.
Love,
Ashley

1 comment:

Davis Brown said...

Ash, Jack is growing into such a big handsome boy! Looks like ya'll had fun at the fair!!! GO LSU tonight!!!