Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Memorial Day

Jack and I had a fun filled Memorial Day week in Louisiana and Brandon was able to join us for the weekend. We stayed very busy as usual when we visit and had so much fun catching up with friends and family. We went to Baton Rouge for 2 days and were able to go swimming at my cousin's house one day and had dinner with my Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins one night.

Jack loved the pool, especially with his Cousin Gordie. It was his first time in the pool for the summer and with floaties so I was worried about the way he would handle it, but he did great. He stayed on the steps the whole time and had so much fun. He is a little fish!!

We picked Brandon up from the airport on Thursday night and I got to go to dinner with all of my girl friends. I feel so fortunate to have such wonderful friends. We have all known each other for so long and I think it is so great that we still keep in touch.

We headed down to Papa Doug's camp on Friday and Saturday for some sun and fishing. It was a great time. We had shrimp, crabs, and crawfish for dinner Friday night. I was in heaven. Saturday Mom, Jack, and I got sun on the deck while the boys fished. Jack loved digging through the ice chest and playing with the fish and the 1 crab that they caught.
The camp is a boys wonderland. There is so much to do or should I say "play with". Jack was obsessed with Papa's tractor and had to take at least 2 rides each day.

Sunday we went out on the Tchefuncte River with Cookie, Kim, and Raynah(a longtime friend of mine). This has kind of become our tradition over the past 3 years and we have so much fun. Jack loved it this year because he could walk around and not be uncomfortable in the life jacket.

He was so worn out from watching all of the action on the River that he took a LONG nap on the boat, in this life jacket. Look how sweet. I don't know how one bit of this was comfortable.

All in all it was a great week and weekend and we look forward to next year!

No comments: